Country: South Asia
Value: USD 27.1K
Start Date: 2012-05-10
End Date: 2012-08-30
The objective of the USAID Firms Project (the ’project’) is to improve government services delivery and develop dynamic internationally competitive firms to accelerate sales, investment, and job growth. Chemonics as a sub-contractor of Project intends to conduct third party baseline of the peach and potato growers with reference to the specific following objectives of the survey;
· Assessment of farms management practices for peach and potato growers.
· Map the different varieties of peach and potato being cultivated by farmers and assess the production and yield for each variety.
· Assess the extent to which peach and potato growers have access to input supplies.
· Assess the extent to which peach and potato growers having access to credit service/facilities.
· Conduct training needs assessment of the peach and potato growers.Assess the market information and market linkages of the peach and potato growers
The services provided by the firms included research tools refinement, training of field enumerators & supervisors, data collection from 188 peach growers and 154 potato growers located in district Swat, data editing, and coding, data analysis, and baseline report development. Data editing was done by professional researchers and data was entered in Census Survey Program (CSPRO). After data entry frequency tables were generated for cleaning. Data analysis was done using a statistical package (SPSS). The whole exercise was done in close coordination of Client.